I tried in vain to find a link between edible condoms and Hu Jintao.
In other news, I compiled a quick list of what I like to think of as "Myths Chinese People Tell Themselves", inspired by a description of the new exhibition in Beijing at the "Cultural Palace of Nationalities" on the "history" of "Tibet".
Here's a quick, top-of-my-head, list:
- 1.3 Billion people are too many to govern democratically
- China has never invaded any country
- Chinese will never work without the characters
- Cantonese, and others, are just dialects of Mandarin
- Japan has never apologised for the war
- Tibet has always been part of China
- Taiwan has always been part of China
- Chinese is easy
- 1.3 billion people speak Chinese
- If Hawaii (or Wales or California etc.) declare independence there will be BLOOD
- Western media is biased
- 5000 years of history is a good thing
- Westerners don't have a 5000 year history
- Ice cream was invented in China
15. Warm water can cure anything. Cold water is positively bad for you.
16. A drip can cure anything hot water can't.
17. Chinese people are friendly.